can anyone recommend a rail brown paint that I can brush onto the rail?

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

About a year back, I wanted to brush paint a short section of track (ties and rail both) on my layout a rail brown color. So I puchased one bottle each of Tru-Color TCP-822 FLAT RAILROAD TIE BROWN and TCP-830 FLAT RAIL BROWN.

I was not happy with the Tru-Color paint for multiple reasons, but the biggest is that, once fully cured, I found that the FLAT RAIL BROWN paint did not stick very well to the metal rails - if you breathe on it the wrong way the paint falls right off - argh!

So my question is - can anyone recommend a rail brown paint that I can brush onto the rail? And have it look good? And have it stick to the metal rail?

Naturally, steam era freight cars will be rolling on these rails...

I would be happy to read any and all recommendations (both what worked, and what didn't work)

Thanks in advance

Claus Schlund