Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 9:47 AM
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] can anyone recommend a rail brown paint that I can brush onto the rail?

One thought:  since the rail stock is drawn through a die in order to shape it, lubricant from the drawing process may still be present on out-of-the-box track.

Regards,
Wallace Steinbrecher

On Tuesday, July 20, 2021, Claus Schlund &#92;(HGM&#92;) <claus@...> wrote:
Hi Bill and List Members,

Bill wrote: "Try Vallejo Model Air 71.139 US Field Drab"

Thanks very much for the paint recommendation - greatly appreciated.

Bill also wrote: "Keep in mind that if the rail is oily the paint will not stick"

I applied the Tru-Color paint onto brand new just-taken-out-of-the-box track. No oil of any sort came near it. It just doesn't stick to the metal

Claus Schlund