Re: InterMountain HO Scale Two-Bay Hoppers (Re-Release)

Guy Wilber

Allen Cain wrote:

“Help me out here.  I thought that “billboard” paint schemes where outlawed well before the 1953 date on this car.  If I am mistaken, please educate me.”

The Interchange Rule regarding billboard type advertising was revised (somewhat) in verbiage, but was essentially the same from 1936-1960.  The Rule was originally added within section (r) under refrigerator cars, but subsequently moved to section (a), advertisement.  Tank cars and cars of “L” designations were exempted beginning January of 1939.

1954 Rules of Interchange:

 Rule 3, Section (a), Paragraph (9):  Advertisements of any shipper, consignee or product, prohibited on all cars except special cars of Mechanical Designation “L” and tank cars of Mechanical Designation “T”.  In Interchange

Note — The name of the “Home Point” of the car owner or lessee, a trademark or symbol, or the name of the owner or lessee, or any part thereof, will not be considered advertising.

Guy Wilber
Reno, Nevada

Guy