InterMountain HO Scale Two-Bay Hoppers (Re-Release)

Andy Carlson

After decades of my getting Intermountain kits with nearly 100% fill rates, around 2010 the out of stock non-shipped kits started increasing for my purchases. This continued getting weaker until about 5 years ago the only kits I got were the inventory queens, and those too have now gone away. I have not received any of the 100's of back ordered kits since then.

I am now coming around to realize that most of those back ordered kits may never be shipped. Looking at Intermountain's list of HO undec kits, the only offered and in stock kits are some plastic containers. Not a single undec freight car kit is shown as being in stock and available for purchase. A select few kits are shown as "Reserve Now" which means that IM is taking reservations for those and probably intend to have these available in the future. In this list is both versions of the 1958 cu ft covered hoppers, along with several other covered hoppers and oddly, the former RC X29 cars and post-1955 40' box cars in welded/riveted and 6'/8' door configuration.

Intermountain seems to be showing us that their future selling of kits is in jeopardy. So no parts and no kits.

-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

On Saturday, July 24, 2021, 8:04:03 AM PDT, Ken Adams <smadanek44g@...> wrote:

I've had undecorated kits of the 1958 Cu Ft hoppers with no cutout on backorder for almost 5 years.
--
Ken Adams
_._,_._,_