Re: URTX/Milwaukee Road Reefer General Arrangement Drawings

Ed Hawkins

On Jul 25, 2021, at 11:18 PM, Scott <repairman87@...> wrote:

Does anybody if there are General Arrangement drawings available for the Milwaukee Road 50ft Reefer in the photo?  According to Steam era freight car manual it was built by General American in 1938 because of the single locking bar on the door.  There is also a nice side view of this car in the book. Does anybody know if there is a survivor car hidden away in a museum somewhere?  I am particularly interested in roof details.   It appears to only have one ice hatch on each end which seems odd.  Photo is a duplicate slide, unknown photographer, my collection.

Scott,
Check with the Milwaukee Public Library, who received a substantial collection of builder photos & technical data from the railroad.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins