Re: St. Louis Refrigerator Car Co. models

Tim O'Connor

Lester

I'm not sure what you are asking, but that model is a foobie. I have many images of SLRX
cars on my hard drive, and none of them is an ice reefer. Like MRS cars, they had a fleet
of insulated bunkerless refrigerators (RB).

Tim

On 7/26/2021 8:54 AM, Lester Breuer wrote:
From an estate being disposed of at a local flea market I purchased the Reefer of which photo is attached.
With hatches the number is incorrect as it should be numbered in the class RS series.
A correct class RB , no ice bunkers, a Sunshine Models kit is shown on Tony Thompson’s blog.  After an internet search
I could not find any model of the St. Louis Reefer numbered correctly in the RS series.  All manufacture models I found had a class RB number
on a CAR WITH HATCHES.  Wondering if I missed finding a correct lettered St. Louis Reefer model with a number in the RS series?
Lester Breuer

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts