From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Dennis Storzek <destorzek@...>
Date: Monday, July 26, 2021 at 1:53 PM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] InterMountain HO Scale Two-Bay Hoppers (Re-Release)-now Why Aren't There Production Kits?

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 06:56 AM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Have Accurail and Bowser out-sourced their injection molding too?

As far as Accurail is concerned, all our molding is still right here in Elburn, IL, USA. We did send some assembly work to China in the first decade of this century (anyone remember Accuready?) but stopped with the economic downturn that caused several firms to lose partially completed product as contractors closed and simply disappeared. We never re-started the assembly program... I got tired of hearing "Send tools, all problems solved!" as the answer to any and all complaints. That would have been the end of the kit line.

Dennis Storzek