Re: InterMountain HO Scale Two-Bay Hoppers (Re-Release)-now Why Aren't There Production Kits?

Tim O'Connor

Dennis

I'm sure it helps that your model tooling is so good! And I think I've used about 30 of your freight
car underframes. Long live Accurail! :-D

Tim O'Connor

On 7/26/2021 2:53 PM, Dennis Storzek wrote:
On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 06:56 AM, Tim O'Connor wrote:
Have Accurail and Bowser out-sourced their injection molding too?
As far as Accurail is concerned, all our molding is still right here in Elburn, IL, USA. We did send some assembly work to China in the first decade of this century (anyone remember Accuready?) but stopped with the economic downturn that caused several firms to lose partially completed product as contractors closed and simply disappeared. We never re-started the assembly program... I got tired of hearing "Send tools, all problems solved!" as the answer to any and all complaints. That would have been the end of the kit line.

Dennis Storzek

Sterling, Massachusetts