Re: Covid

Jake Schaible

be well.  advise you not to go out but rather have tests (and take out) come to you (or in no contact car pick up).  If you share a living space, advise use of quality masks at home (non vented N95 or k95) and separation.  Absolutely sucks.  You might think everyone is already infected, but still viral load is key and you don't want to add insult to injury.

If confirmed positive via rtPCR, you may wish to inform others early symptoms are dry persistent non productive cough, generalize achy muscle pain and fatigue.  Diarrhea in 10-15% -  those who pick up via oral route.  Loss of smell (which in some is more noticeable as taste disturbance) is far more indicative of infection than fever - which is actually rather uncommon and seems associated with a possible coinfection with another virus

On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 12:12 PM BRIAN PAUL EHNI <bpehni@...> wrote:

Out of an abundance of caution, I must disclose that starting last Sunday, I began having symptoms: dry cough, sneezing, sore throat. I started self quarantine Monday. According to what I see online, these are indications I may have picked up a COVID reinfection (I was fully vaccinated last May).

My antigen test results were positive, but this may be a reflection of having had the vaccine, not a new infection. I am going to try and get the viral test for a new infection.

CDC: None of the authorized and recommended COVID-19 vaccines cause you to test positive on viral tests, which are used to see if you have a current infection.

If your body develops an immune response to vaccination, which is the goal, you may test positive on some antibody tests. Antibody tests indicate you had a previous infection and that you may have some level of protection against the virus.

So far, my symptoms have bee mild, as noted above. Temperature this morning was 96ºF.

So, if you shook hands with me, etc., at the St Louis RPM, please keep an eye out for any symptoms you may exhibit, and take appropriate steps. I am self quarantining and wearing a mask when I have to go out.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni