Re: image of a bulk oil dealership

Scott H. Haycock

Great photo!

If you ignore the background, it already looks like a photo from a model railroad. Every thing is so neat and tidy- like a scene waiting to be super-detailed.

Could this be a brand new facility?

As to the barrels, could the be lined, and contain more viscous materials, like greases?

Scott Haycock
ent

On 08/07/2021 2:09 PM Claus Schlund &#92;(HGM&#92;) <claus@...> wrote:

Hi List Members,

Nice image of a bulk oil dealership. Served by - you guessed it - steam era freight cars. Any thoughts regarding the date? The tank car, rail mounted crane, and the steel gons in the ditant background make me think 1920.

I note the use of wooden barrels at the oil dealership - I've never seen this before. Instead I always see steel barrels (drums?) even in the pre-1920 era.

This image would makes for a nice inspiration for a model railroad, don't you think?

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund