Re: Lackawanna questions


Ray Carson
 

The DL&W boxcar is part of number series 45000-45999. The cars were built in 1925 with vertical brakes, Hutchins roof, and K brake. There is a photo of how they looked pre-WWII on the STMFC website (http://www.steamerafreightcars.com/gallery/boxauto/dlw45715main.html).

After the war they were rebuilt with a panel roof and powered handbrakes with AB brake system. “The Route of the Phoebe Snow” motto was also added during the time to these cars. They lasted into the late 1950s.

Funaro & Camerlengo make a resin kit based on both original prewar and rebuilt postwar versions of this car.

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.