Re: Lackawanna questions

Brian Carlson

forgot to add the postwar cars had murphy rooks to replace the originals
Brian

On Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 04:48:34 PM EDT, Brian Carlson via groups.io <prrk41361@...> wrote:

I covered these in my Rust Belt Boxcars presentation
45000-45999.
Generally when the AB brakes were applied so were power handbrakes.
I think the ends were freight car color but I could be wrong.
No large Lackawanna, stacked Lackawanna with Phoebe Snow Slogan or simple Lackawanna

Brian Carlson

On Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 04:13:22 PM EDT, Clark Propst via groups.io <cepropst@...> wrote:

Have just built the other Rensselear club kit I bought at the StL RPM, a DL&W DS steel end box car. The only info on the cars is a drawing showing number 45951.
Now the questions: What is the number series these cars are from? When the AB brakes were applied was a power hand brake added too? If so, what type? Around 1950 was any part of the car black? K4 sells a Lackawanna box car decal set. It contains a large LACKAWANNA. Did this cars get stenciled with this style?

Thanks again for any help,
Clark Propst