Re: Sunshine NYC Hopper Minikit?

Rich C

Brian, Since you have to remove or do some carving on the original sides, I don't see why not. The AAR Alternate and AAR twins have 11 side stakes. The AAR Alternate has even spacing, the AAR does not.

I, to have one of those mini-kits floating around. When I find it, I can fill you in or send you a PDF on the work needed.

Rich Christie

On Thursday, August 12, 2021, 01:09:17 PM CDT, Brian Carlson via groups.io <prrk41361@...> wrote:

I should add, the sunshine instructions say that Frank did the masters for the sides. I would not be unhappy if they made a return under the RCW banner.

Brian J. Carlson

On Aug 12, 2021, at 1:54 PM, nyc3001 . <nyc3001@...> wrote:

I saw that Eric Hansmann had posted a photo of Brian Carlson's Sunshine NYC hopper mini-kit build.

Does anyone know if this hopper is close enough to Intermountain's Alternate Standard hopper to be the base model for an accurate kitbash? iirc, this prototype was built by MDT and numbered 2,000. Thus, I would probably want to build two.

Thanks,
Phil
Brian Carlson HO scale New York Central hopper