Re: Sunshine NYC Hopper Minikit?

Tim O'Connor

That's an impressive kitbash ! Nice car. You can make silk purses from a sow's ear! :-)

Tim O'Connor

On 8/13/2021 3:07 PM, Bob Chapman wrote:
Not a Sunshine minikit, but looking at Brian's NYC photo -- L&N had a similar car, which I did a while back. The sides are spliced Athearn quad and the hoppers Athearn twin, plus some scratchbuilding. Haven't tried to check the L&N prototype dimensions vs. the NYC car, but I recall the L&N prototype being a bit larger than the similar IC car that Sunshine did.

For anyone interested in this modeling approach, there's a complete how-to in Ted C's Prototype Railroad Modeling, Volume 3.

Regards,
Bob Chapman

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts