From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Brian Carlson via groups.io <prrk41361@...>
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2021 8:00 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] Canisters In Gondolas

Here's a better view of the photo http://www.canadasouthern.com/caso/images/nyc-501216.jpg on Terry Link's site. The stenciling on the canister's does indicate petroleum products. The ORER for the timeframe MIGHT tell you what they were modified for. Although I wouldn't be surprised is this mod was noted in Railway Age of the time.
Brian Carlson
On Saturday, August 14, 2021, 08:16:37 PM EDT, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Canisters In Gondolas

I understand that canisters were used for cement and possibly other powdered products.

Here is a photo (sorry, poor quality) of canisters in a gondola that indicate the contents are a petroleum product.

Does anyone know what petroleum products typically were shipped in canisters?

Thanks.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA