Central Ohio RPM is happening Sept 23-25

bn2204

Folks, the 2021 Central Ohio RPM is BEING held September 23-25 at Marion Union Station, Marion, Ohio.   Our meet features the usual RPM content, plus much more.  First off, we 3 double track mainlines that cross right at the depot.  Second, we have the depot itself, a true gem of a place with plenty of historic exhibits inside the building.  Third, we have AC Tower open for showing on the grounds as well.  There is also an EL caboose and the Marion Model Railroad Club is there as well.

Doors open around noon on Thursday for set up.  Once that is done there will plenty of opportunity for fanning in the area. Around 5 or so we will adjourn to a local eatery for a group dinner.  This is always a very enjoyable time.  After dinner there will be a slide/movie show at the depot.

The meet opens at 8am on Friday.  The first hour is for setup for those just arriving.  At 9 am things kick off with clinics, fellowship, friendship and shooting the bull.  We will strive to have 4 or 5 clinics each day.   Around 5 pm we will call it a day and head for dinner.  There are many options around town. After dinner, around 630 or so, we will meet back at the depot for another round of slide/movies.

Saturday, doors open at 8am.  Again, the show begins at 9am.  Lunch will be around noon.  At 3 pm we will hold our raffle for door prizes.  You must be present to win, no exceptions.

After the door prizes we will start tearing down and cleaning up.  Once that is done we have a meet closing, extra fare cookout.  For many this is a high point of the meet.  The cost is only $6.00 for the cookout.  It's a bargain.

Cost for the meet is only $20.00 for the weekend.  There is no daily rate.  We will have a few small vendors there as well.  Lodging is plentiful at US23 and  RTE 95, east of town.  Those who present a clinic also attend the meet for free.  There is no pre registration.

So, bring models, bring friends and bring clinics to present.  We will be glad to have you there.

Again, CORPM, Sept 23-25, 2021, $20.00, doors open 8am Friday and Saturday.  See you there.

Message me or email me, seaboard_1966@... if you have any questions.

Please copy and paste this to other groups that you belong to.  Help us spread the work on a truly wonderful meet.

Thanks
Denis Blake