From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of robert netzlof <rtnetzlof@...>
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2021 11:30 PM
To: main <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] Additional interesting loads from the EJ&E

For same reason the PRR F22 and F23 were called gun flats (gun trucks in ancient usage).

See for example http://prr.railfan.net/diagrams/PRRdiagrams.html?diag=F22.gif&sel=flat&sz=lg

Little short cars rated to carry heavy loads, 95 tons in the case of the PRR cars. Often operated in groups of 2 or more connected by bridge pieces to support really heavy loads such as naval and coast artillery gun barrels.