Re: Facilities and Tank Cars?

Tim O'Connor

I think those "links" were one of the reasons Standard Oil was broken up in the first place! ;-)

Tim O'Connor

On 8/20/2021 10:09 AM, Jim Betz wrote:
Hi,
  I don't remember ever hearing anyone comment on this topic.

  Were/are there any 'links' between a facility receiving a tank car and a specific
tank car line(s)?  For example, if you have a local distributor of Standard Oil
products was it more likely that the tank cars supplying that facility would be
from certain tank car lines than others?  And if the facility was Texaco would
it have gotten a different mix?
  I know that certain reefers were much more likely to show up on certain RRs
than others (such as, for example, PFE on the SP).  I'm wondering if there
was (is?) the same kind of thing for tank cars ... ???
  STMFC era, of course.
                                                                                                           - Jim

Sterling, Massachusetts