Re: PSPX 15006

Tim O'Connor

I was just going to say that 11k ICC 105 cars were still quite rare in the 1920's before LPG became
such a popular fuel. And not terribly many were built in the 1930's either.

But you could look for the el cheapo Precision Scale brass tank cars. I think one of them was a
"10,000 gallon" ICC 105 of no particular prototype - but bashable into something. I remember paying
about $25-$30 for them as recently as the 1990's.

Tim O'Connor

On 8/20/2021 7:58 PM, nyc3001 . wrote:

Probably not; as far as I'm aware, there's no model for the earlier ACF 11k gallon tank cars with seven courses despite the fact that they were present in somewhat significant numbers.

The closest is probably the Overland brass model, but that represents a lot of six cars built in 1940 and is 10.5k gallons anyway.

-Phil Lee

Sterling, Massachusetts