From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Dennis Storzek <dennis@...>
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2021 4:30 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] [RealSTMFC] PRR 6866 preserved by the EBT

Hi,

The East Broad Top Foundation, owners of the East Broad Top narrow gauge railroad in Pennsylvania has acquired a PRR X29 boxcar to use as a interpretive display showing how the EBT hauled standard gauge freightcars by changing the trucks. The car acquired is:

Original number was PRR 54491, built between 11/1929 and 01/1930. Taken out of service and rebuilt in July 1934 for express service and renumbered PRR 6866.

I am curious if this car ever was returned to the freight fleet, and if so, was it renumbered again and what to. Anyone have a photo ?

Dennis Storzek