Re: Cudahy 1501-1600

ROGER HINMAN

It is definitey not identical;  it uses a different underframe, the door sits higher off the side sill and it has a five rung ladder. (I’m sure there may be other differences).  I have seen a 1938 builder’s photo of CRLX1527, but I’m the unproven opinion this series may be a rebuild of a former CRLX car that GA bought, did a major rebuild and leased back to them.

Roger Hinman

On Aug 22, 2021, at 5:39 AM, nyc3001 . <nyc3001@...> wrote:

Does anyone know whether or not the CRLX 1501-1600 series (which was leased from GA) is identical to the Rapido reefer? I have a Rapido Cudahy reefer, but it is incorrectly lettered as a car in the 5501-6250 series. I'm wondering if the reefer can be saved by simply renumbering it.

Thanks,
Phil