From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Steve SANDIFER <steve.sandifer@...>
Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2021 10:04 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] A few period boxcar roofs 1948 St Louis

I do not look at contemporary freight cars to weather my steam freight car models. Oily journals vs roller bearings create different weathering. Steam locos vs. modern diesels make a difference. Different paint composition, welded vs. riveted construction – all make a difference. I just wish there were more color photos from the 40s and early 50s to use as guides.

J. Stephen Sandifer