From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Eric Hansmann
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2021 7:38 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io; Steve and Barb Hile <shile@...>; FHodina@...
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Cudahy 1501-1600

Attached is a slightly different photo of CRLX 5557. My file name indicates it is a Mather car. Note the clear stencil near the right side ladder indicating Return to E. Chicago, Ind.

The car wears a 2-35 E. CH. weigh stencil and a Built 9-28 stencil. I believe this came to me from Ray Breyer.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On 08/24/2021 3:07 PM Steve and Barb Hile <shile@...> wrote:

As nearly as I can tell the CRLX series 5501 – 5600 was built by GATC in 1928, this photo shows fresh paint in 1935 along with experimental rubber springs in the trucks.

Steve Hile