Re: C&O 50 ft DD 28500 series question

Tim O'Connor

Was it asphaltum, or were the seam caps enameled? I ask because asphaltum would tend
to slough off the caps, just as it does from the roof panels, but I have not seen it.

Tim O'Connor

On 8/27/2021 10:37 PM, Brian Carlson via groups.io wrote:
Does anyone know if the Chesapeake and Ohio 50 foot double door box cars in the 28,500 series had asphaltum covering the same caps? Some Erie and nickel plate box cars of the same vintage had black seam caps and since all were still under AMC in 1955 I’m curious if the C&O cars also had asphaltumon the seam caps

Brian J. Carlson

Sterling, Massachusetts