Re: Speedwitch SP A-50-4 finished

Charlie Duckworth

Ken
i had a couple issues building mine; the upper door track was extremely bend and I used it as a template using Evergreen 1” x 3” shapes and Archer rivets.  I’m happy how it came out.  As much as I tried I couldn’t bend the brass ladder in a right angle even with a bending tool designed for this purpose.  I used the ladder’s right brass part but the left one I used the brass part as a template for the hole locations and made one out of Evergreen.  Doing the end ladders kept the project on the ‘shelf of no return’ for several years.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.