Re: [ResinFreightCarBuilders] AEC boxcars

Tim O'Connor

Correct - I have photos of 9 cars. The cars are ex-Southern Railway and were built 1938 to 1942
just going by dates stenciled on the cars in the photos.

On 9/5/2021 3:03 PM, mel perry wrote:
"reposted as requested"

On Sun, Sep 5, 2021, 11:10 AM Robert Ellis <bobjel67@...> wrote:
I have been trying to respond to a topic on the RealSTMFC site, but my computer skills aren't up to it. So I'm posting the information here, in the hope that someone from that group will see it and pass it on.
     Not all the Atlantic and East Carolina boxcars had square corner posts. The City of Vancouver archives contains a photo of AEC 1054, taken in 1956, that clearly shows a car with W corner posts. The original number appears to be in the 14000 series. The image can be found on Google Images under Atlantic and East Carolina Railroad. Bob Ellis.

Sterling, Massachusetts