Re: Prototype Discoveries

Charlie Duckworth

Paul
When I was researching my Missouri-Illinois RR book I found that the MR&BT’s bobber cabooses were ‘grandfathered’ under the Missouri RR Commission laws.  Meaning the four wheeled cabooses were outlawed (ie., no future construction or purchases) but those already in service could continue to be used.   As they were retired many were reused by the mining companies served by the railroad as guard shacks.  You asked about interchange and as a ‘general rule’ cabooses weren’t interchanged during the steam era.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.