Re: Manure shipped by rail

Andy Laurent

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 05:11 AM, Robert G P wrote:
Hello group,

I model the midwest and wanted some extra uses for my gons and hoppers so It was my conjecture that "bulk" manure loads might be an accurate bill for them?

-Bob
Bob, I have evidence of 4 carloads of bulk manure being shipped in gondolas from Union Stock Yards in Chicago, IL to an orchard company in Sturgeon Bay, WI.  The shipment was made in one block (4 cars moving together) and was delivered to a team track in downtown Sturgeon Bay (in early summer).  The cars were unloaded by hand into trucks.  The shipment was NOT repeated!

Andy L.
Madison, WI