Re: Rapido announces HO Scale UTLX 10,000 gallon X-3 tankcar

Dan Miller

Do we have any idea what dates will be painted on the "1920s" and "1930s" schemes on the Rapido cars?  Both schemes appear to have a NEW date of 9-23 under the capacity, but are there other dates painted on the car that limit its period of accuracy?   How long into the 1930s would the "1920s" scheme have lasted?  I am not sure if Bill or another Rapido rep is on this list; it would be a great help if Rapido included build. rebuild, repack, etc. dates for each scheme on their website (for this and all of their other freight car releases).

Dan Miller