From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2021 10:07 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] North Western Refrigerator Line color

these are the only 'orange-yellow' NWX cars I've seen (incl several Oscar Mayers)

On 9/19/2021 10:36 AM, Bruce Smith wrote:
Doug,

Nice, but alas, none of these cars represent the scheme I am asking about. The car that I am modeling was built for NWX in 1940 and ultimately transferred to NADX circa 1950 and then leased to Hormel. While the Hormel scheme is great for everyone who modeled the SnT model as intended, circa mid-1950s, it won't work for me, and although both companies start with NORTH, I'm pretty sure NADX orange is not an indicator of the color of the NWX cars as built. And unfortunately, while most NWX cars were initially painted with grey sides, and post WWII a yellow and green scheme was adopted, neither of those scheme is relevant either. The AC&F built NWX 6800 series was a bit of an odd-ball, having solid yellow-orange sides. Now, one might reasonably speculate that the yellow might be the same as that on the yellow and green car, but I am looking for something more factual than speculation 😉

Regards,
Bruce
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL