Re: Bob Ross ‘Happy Roofs’

Tim O'Connor

excellent !! 😁

On 9/23/2021 9:35 AM, Charlie Duckworth wrote:

I found this heavily weather roof in some shots posted of trains around St Louis Union Station and thought I’d try and replicate it on the Westerfield boxcar I’m working on.  Used the water based oils (black, white and blue) and painted the individual panels in different shades.  I came back and added the white as shown in the prototype image.  After the oils dry I’ll seal with Dullcote and add some black pigment.   In a few shots I used a Q-tip to remove some of the gray to let the original color to show through.

Charlie Duckworth

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts