Re: more glue questions/Barge cement

Todd Sullivan

Bud,

If you apply Barge to the two surfaces to be joined, let it dry, then press the two parts together, the joint will be very strong, but you have to get placement of the parts aligned correctly the first time, there's no second chance.

I have also applied Barge and then pressed the parts together.  It takes maybe 20 minutes for the joint to become strong.  I do this when assembling resin carbodies together, as I want some time to be able to align things properly, such as a roof on a body.  I used the Barge sparingly, then go back and apply CA along the joint once the parts are correctly lined up.

Todd Sullivan