Re: more glue questions/Barge cement

Tim O'Connor

Todd

It can be done but it's not recommended! Undried contact cement can attack the underlying material and
lead to joint failure or worse. People who fail to read the instructions for Goo often complain of the problems
they have with it.  😂

Hobby size corner brackets can hold items at a perfect 90 degree angle while the adhesive sets. I also use
small machinist squares (Micromark I think) for a quick 90 degree setup with CA.

On 10/9/2021 10:42 AM, Todd Sullivan via groups.io wrote:
Bud,

If you apply Barge to the two surfaces to be joined, let it dry, then press the two parts together, the joint will be very strong, but you have to get placement of the parts aligned correctly the first time, there's no second chance.

I have also applied Barge and then pressed the parts together.  It takes maybe 20 minutes for the joint to become strong.  I do this when assembling resin carbodies together, as I want some time to be able to align things properly, such as a roof on a body.  I used the Barge sparingly, then go back and apply CA along the joint once the parts are correctly lined up.

Todd Sullivan
--
*Tim O'Connor*
*Sterling, Massachusetts*