Re: more glue questions/Barge cement

Scott H. Haycock

Most contact adhesives are solvent-based. I wouldn't use them on plastic models. You can buy water-based contact adhesives in cans, but I've not seen any in tubes, like Barge Cement.

Scott Haycock
ent

On 10/09/2021 3:53 PM Todd Sullivan via groups.io <sullivant41@...> wrote:

Hi Tim,

Hmmm.  I appreciate your warning, but I have not had any problems with this.  Perhaps I've been lucky.  I do use quite small amounts of contact cement, usually when gluing roofs to body sides and ends.  Just enough contact cement to hold the roof on and in place until I can get the CA wicked into the seams.

Todd Sullivan.