Re: End View for Rapido NP Boxcar

Eric Hansmann

Nelson,

I've tried to use the A-Line sill steps but had difficulty drilling the brake staff hole. I find the thinner etched metal fret material easier to drill, plus it's a bit wider than the sill steps. Here's an end view of the B&O M-26b boxcars I recently wrapped up. I used the leftover fret material for the brake staff support on both models. Click on the image for a slightly larger view.

Here's a three-quarter view before paint application.

BTW, attached is an end view of NP 11348 for your archives and to follow closer to the topic. This came from the AC&F collection on the Barriger Library Flickr site.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On 10/10/2021 5:34 PM Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...> wrote:

A-Line sill steps are much easier to bend and shape after being annealed. Hold them in a flame until they glow red, then cool and bend away. I use an alcohol lamp, but a butane lighter or candle works.

Nelson Moyer