Photos of NC&StL 70100-70199 and SP&S 32005-32054 41' Flatcar Ends

Ray Carson

Hello,

I've been looking for photos of NC&StL and SP&S 41' flatcar ends but I couldn't find any. I've been working on the Tichy 41' flatcar kit with plans of turning it into an SP&S prototype. Issue is that I don't have any good photos of what the ends of these cars look like (especially for coupler cuts and brake hoses). Richard Hendrickson's photos and models in Prototype Modeler June 1993 issue are too hard to tell how the cuts and hoses are placed other than a photo of a StLSW car which doesn't seem close to how the ends appear for NC&StL and SP&S's photos. Photos of either or both the NC&StL and SP&S prototypes would be great.

Thanks, Ray