QUESTION ON FRISCO BOX CART BRAKES

WILLIAM PARDIE

The Sunshine kit for this car sits in my pile and this photo provides inspiration to get moving on it.  A question that comes up concerns the
brake system.  There are many instances where a freight car has been converted to AB brakes but retained the vertical brake staff.I have fiddled
with this photo as much as I could.  There is a hint that in this case this may have been reversed.  The protrusion below the center sill seems
to be the early dirt collector used with K brakes.  Is it possible that the power handbrake could have been used with a K brake system in this
Case?

Perplexed:

Bill Pardie