From: Rupert Gamlen <gamlenz@...>
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Oct 17, 2021 3:22 pm
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Late 40's to mid 50's military rail movements

The 1947 and 1948 CB&Q ORER’s listed 40 U.S. Army boxcars (24167, 24169-24182, 24184-24186, 24190-29195, 24197-24210) as operated under lease by the CB&Q. They were 37’ 9” outside length, inside height 7’ 10”, 80,000 lb capacity with 6’ x 7’ 6” doors and steel center sills. I wondered if this lease/listing was a way to facilitate interchange as opposed to resolving a shortage of cars.

Rupert Gamlen
Auckland NZ