Re: X-3 Tank Car Rapido

Dave Boss

Hi Tim
            I know they offer painted index ones but I don't think any in numbered ones?
Dave

On Wednesday, October 20, 2021, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

Thanks for looking into that and letting us know! I think mistakes are a frequent problem
with RTR models and I appreciate the caution. Does Rapido offer any un-numbered cars?

Tim O'Connor

On 10/20/2021 12:47 PM, Dave Boss wrote:
Hello Folks
                    I'm no expert by any means on freight cars, I'm just reaching out to the group to correct me if I'm wrong about this. Rapido has always made a excellent an accurate model of various proto types. However the Rapido features list of X-3 tank cars reads a 54" dome as one of details on the model. I have just went through and checked ALL the UTLX numbers against the X-3 Table-4 in Stephen Hile's UTLX tank car book. I read from the table the following data.
#17550............ is an 8000 gallon car not a 10,000 gallon car
#30443.............is a 60" dome with a screw manway cover not a 54" dome with bolted 2 safety valves All of the rest of the car numbers with any UTLX reporting marks are also 60" domes
Also Rapido doesn't say if the model features 1 or both side dome platforms The numbers chosen have both variations?
           I hope I'm wrong about this, but I just want to hear some of your opinions about this before I order any of these cars Any help is appreciated.

Good Day
Dave Boss

--
*Tim O'Connor*