Re: GM&O GSC 53' 6" Flat Car Build, Bloomington Shops 1951

Kenneth Montero

The Tichy kit for this car (no.1000) has a separate frame, but does not have as a separate part the portion of the frame that is level with the deck. I believe that the Walthers kit for this car did so, but I don't know if the Walthers kit is still available from Walthers, but that kit should show up on Ebay and other reseller sites.

I am asking others of this group to confirm my recollection of the Walthers kit, as I did not purchase one.

Ken Montero

On 10/21/2021 7:31 AM Ray Hutchison <rayhutchison2@...> wrote:

The photos show a wonderful modeling opportunity, with the flatcar decks being assembled on the two tracks, perhaps add frames on the side, or flatcar with the frames aon the track waiting for assembly.

Only problem: where to purchase a dozen or half of the frames?

Ray Hutchison