Sent: Friday, October 22, 2021 10:30 PM
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] GM&O GSC 43' Flat Car Build, Bloomington Shops 1951

On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 06:23 PM, mopacfirst wrote:
I presume the railroad drilled all the holes for stirrup steps, route card boards, and so forth.  Did that include the couple of hundred holes for anchoring the decking?  More to the point, can someone point me to detail photos of the castings in progress at GSC?
I would assume they were cast in. This picture:
http://idaillinois.org/digital/collection/p16614coll56/id/7258/rec/9
Seems to have been taken right after unloading, and if you zoom in close to the nearest frame, the deck holes are already present.

Dennis Storzek