Re: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Rapido X31a PRR boxcar - roof question

Tim O'Connor

try laser printing "ghost" decals that are so light the weathering shows through them... 😁

On 10/26/2021 4:11 PM, Todd Sullivan via groups.io wrote:
Eldon,

I thought your weathering of the X31 in coal tar chip service was right on.  Somewhere, I found a photo of adingle door car tht had weathered right down to bare rusted metal, with that bluish purple tone on much of the surface.  I started an undecorated Bowser model and painted one side in PollyScale, no lettering.  Wasn't sure how I would do the lettering later - maybe heavily sanded decals.  Anyway, thanks for the cameo on how these cars were used. thanks for

Todd Sullivan

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts