Re: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Rapido X31a PRR boxcar - roof question

Ken Adams

I have used Tamiya TS-80 Flat Clear with reasonable success. None of the spray or brush on flat coats really give me the dead flat look of oxidized 10 year old paint. It is expensive as a can rarely lasts more than 4-5 HO projects. The product is made in Japan and there can be supply issues.

On freight cars and structures, I have found dry brushing Bragdon light tan or light grey weathering powder over the flat clear coat after it dries gives a more real world flatness to the model.  A quick check shows Bragdon Enterprises still in business.
--
Ken Adams