Re: Help with MEC boxcar color

Tim O'Connor

Accupaint #26 MEC Pine Green is an exact match

On 10/29/2021 3:05 PM, Marty McGuirk wrote:
Fenton,

I just finished up a Speedwitch kit for the MEC version of the 1923 ARA boxcar. Ted provided decals for the BCR and green versions of this car and in the kit instructions he recommended (and used) White Ensign Models “Dull Dark Green” (https://www.whiteensignmodels.com/p/Colourcoats+Dull+Dark+Green+ACUS24/25650/#.YXxDkBDMJR4) for the body color for the green mid 1950s repaints.

I’ve seen Ted’s model and the color certainly looked right to my eyes. I painted my car in the BCR scheme since the green is too late for my era so I can’t offer share a photo of a green model.

I have used White Ensign paint in the past and don’t remember anything particularly memorable (ie “bad”) about it!

Hope this helps,

Marty

On Oct 26, 2021, at 1:20 PM, O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

I'm getting ready to do a MEC 1923 ARA (X29) car in the green with yellow logo.  I know TCP makes a green color but I read an article about a better green paint that wsn't a railroad color in a magazine article.  Of course I cannot find the article as my filing system is just too secure.  I should have worked for NSA.
Can anyone help or give a suggestion to a laquer base dark green for this project.
Thanking all in advance
Fenton

Sterling, Massachusetts