Re: Buffalo Creek boxes to Canada?

Gavin

It might not be in Vancouver. Frost never labeled where his photos were taken, and did travel to NY (see the other tab for NYC steam), so it is very likely it is in NY.

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 10:03 AM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

Folks, check your disks for the 1953 photo of BCK 1322 in Vancouver, British Columbia, from the Vancouver collection. 😁

On 11/4/2021 10:18 PM, Ed Hawkins wrote:

On Nov 4, 2021, at 8:14 PM, Bud Rindfleisch <BlackDiamondRR@...> wrote:

Asking for a friend from Canada, he wanted to know if the Buffalo Creek boxcars ever went to Canada, loaded with flour I presume? While I formerly once worked for the BCK, I have no clue this many years later if they ever crossed the border.

Bud,
While this doesn’t provide any degree to the extent that BCK box cars went to Canada, the Morning Sun book Trackside Ontario on page 105 shows BCK 1094, a PS-1 with new 8-52 stencils. Captions of other photos taken at the same time and showing the same background denote Toronto as the location.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins