Re: NYC and MILW Truck Color Question

Eric Hansmann

I typically paint the trucks with the car color. When a prototype car is painted, over spray would cover at least some portion of the truck side frames. Weathering will alter the final appearance. The attached image of a B&O M-26b boxcar shows the effect. Additional examples can be seen on my Flickr gallery.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On 11/10/2021 8:07 AM Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...> wrote:

What color were trucks for these NYC and MILW gondolas under conditions stated?

NYC 751000-751099 wood floor rebuild in 1945, presumably repainted then, as it would appear in 1953.

MILW 80000-81034 repainted in 1947 as it would appear in 1953.

I have no color photos to work from, and color model photos available show both black and freight car red on both models, so they’re not a reliable reference.

Thanks,

Nelson Moyer