Re: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] Refrigerator Car Return Instruction 1955

George Eichelberger

When the harvest season changed, FGE and WFE mtys were gathered at various locations and run as entire trains W to E or vice-versa. I assume (do not “know”) the routes used may have been FGE/WFE members to save costs on the moves. There are notes in the SRHA archives instructing clerks to send the empties to build the special trains. The return instructions I posted show the banana traffic out of Charleston always had cars sent there.

Ike