Re: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] PLE 46145 gon with scrap tin load 1942

Scott H. Haycock

Open-top freight cars can also be overloaded by volume. And , this doesn't look like a scrapyard location; it's way too clean. Notice the house car coupled onto the gon.

I think the scrap on the ground has been shoved off the car to keep it from falling off in a train.

Scott Haycock
ent

On 11/26/2021 12:09 PM Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

Hudson,

I would agree. I tend to think that the scrap on the ground is what is left of the pile that was being loaded into the car.

Regards,
Bruce Smith
Auburn, Al