Re: Single-sheathed box cars

Jeffrey White

Owen,

Here are the diagram sheets for all of the IC 50 foot SS double door cars including door and a half cars from the 1954 diagram book.

And some photos:

I have used the old Roundhouse car for my IC 50ft Single Sheathed cars.  I hope this information helps.

Jeff White

Alma IL

On 11/26/2021 9:00 PM, Owen Thorne wrote:
Hello group,
Beyond a brief mention within this 12 y.o. discussion of using the HO Walthers 50' single sheathed automobile boxcar kit to represent an IC prototype series, I have found little further info searching our archive, or in other groups.io discussion groups. I may have missed something.
  1. How could one bash an IC double-door boxcar using the Walthers kit?
  2. Has anyone a source for a photo or photos of a prototype car?
  3. How about an IC company diagram?
Thank you,
Owen Thorne