Nicely built models, but both are slightly incorrect just because they use the
post-1953 PS-1 body of Intermountain. These CGW cars were built in 1951.

Tim O'Connor

On 11/29/2021 9:03 AM, Douglas Harding wrote:

Here is a photo of the two models Mike had done.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Clark Propst via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, November 28, 2021 10:23 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Kadee CGW box car oops?

The original CGW car was maroon. Many of their special service cars were maroon. I say many because the LCL and hide cars were black. Now the shade of maroon is up for almost constant debate  ;  )) Kadee has trouble with colored cars. I'll leave it at that. Years back Mike Porter commissioned Intermountain to do three maroon CGW PS 1s including this one of a kind. IM got the color right. After much prodding by Mike.
Clark Propst

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts